A blog of whimsy and hopeful serendipity

~*~

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Adventures with Elspeth- Costuming on impossible deadlines

So, as some of you know, I'm currently in the midst of making a replica of Lucy's Camp Dress, from the recent film version of "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe"
Here's a run-down and plenty of photos from The Wardrobe Door:
http://costumes.narniaweb.com/lubluecamp.asp

But not only is it a replica, it's an adult sized replica! Because I am just that insane. ;-) Today was day 2 of sewing. I wish I'd taken photos of the pattern drafting and cutting. I think I'll take photos of some of the changes made to the original pattern, etc.

Anyway, I'd hoped to post a lot of photos tonight, but due to the late hour this seems to have become more of a placeholder post- a "coming soon" if you will.

I've decided that I'll be journaling this summer's costuming adventures here, for all my Etsy friends to see. These are the sorts of things I'd sell if I could afford to make them non-custom order. First up, the aforementioned Lucy dress. Next, a tunic based on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Finally, I am making myself a Claudia Auditore costume. And interspersed in all that, when I can't get the sewing machine out, I'm working on doll-sized replicas of other movie costumes.

And that's my summer! Stay tuned for photos and breakdowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment